The CBK Charter School is an independent study program for students age 13 (9th grade) and up who wish to re-enroll in a high school educational program.
We require only 200 credits to earn your high school diploma!
Students receive the opportunity to:
- Complete high school graduation requirements/credits
- Prepare for the High School Equivalency Exam
- Take dual enrollment courses at community college
- Have access to a-g approved courses
- Create an individual learning plan
- Enroll in Career Technical Education (CTE) courses
- Participate in College Connection program
- Have exposure to high-tech, high-demand careers
- Participate in leadership opportunities
- Have access to over 20 locations
- Attend a graduation ceremony and senior event
The CBK Charter School is an independent study program and operates as a charter school under the authority of the Riverside County Superintendent of Schools.
Our school provides an alternative educational environment that is different from the traditional school that you may have experienced in the past. CBK Charter School is designed to meet the individual learning needs of our students in an independent study setting.
Our exemplary staff is committed to the success of every student. Upon enrollment, students are assessed in reading and math to determine appropriate placement in grade level classes and to identify any special needs. Students meet with teachers who assist in developing an Individual Learning Plan (ILP) and setting educational goals. Parents are strongly encouraged to participate in these meetings.
Our Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) accredited program includes California Standards based core instruction, credit recovery classes, Career Technical Education (CTE), and elective classes designed to help students develop their career goals and interests.