CBK Charter School Golf is a new program for 2023-24 funded through a Riverside County Board of Education (RCBE) Unique Project Grant. The Unique Project Grant promotes the creation of innovative programs that break new ground in enhancing and expanding organizational programs and services.
To provide students with a unique opportunity to participate in a sport that offers numerous academic, physical, and personal development benefits in support of the CBK Charter mission and vision.
What will students experience?
- Students will have access to golf equipment.
- Initial lessons will be provided by First Tee Coachella Valley.
- Students will be provided round-trip transportation from Don F. Kenny Regional to the Palm Desert Golf Center for weekly lessons. Permission slips and waivers must be on file with the teacher before the start of the program.
- Upon completing the entire program, students will earn P.E. credits.
- Students will use their words and exhibit behaviors that reflect the learning outcomes of CBK and sport of golf.
- Students should address adult staff as “Coach.”
- Students maintain a “B” average in core academic classes.
Student Dress Code
- Students will dress appropriately for golf lessons; there will be no exceptions.
- All students should wear a short-sleeve, collared, polo shirt.
- All students should wear khaki long pants or khaki shorts with shirts tucked in.
- All students should wear appropriate sneakers and/or golf shoes with white ankle high socks (no logos).
- All student should wear an appropriate golf-style hat of their choosing.
- If students are dressed inappropriately, they will be asked to return to the following practice session. When it doubt, please contact Coach Choe for specifics.