CBK Graduates Honored as Riverside County Top Scholars
Congratulations to CBK Graduates Jazmine Autrey and Laica Cabusao who were named 2020 Riverside County Top Scholars! They were honored as part of the Top Scholar Virtual Celebration. Be sure to check out the archived celebration to read about our honors and their plans for the future and view special video recognitions for both Jazmine and Laica from CBK Principal Theresa Swickla and Mr. Paul Emerick.
CBK school spirit gear shop is now open!
Students, shop our new gear from Squadlocker. Hats, t-shirts, pajamas, sweatshirts, face masks, and backpacks.
College and Career Kick Off 2020
College and Career Kick Off 2020 ~ 2 Day Event ~ October 13 (12-2 pm) and October 15 (12-2 pm)
CBK is excited to host its 2nd annual College and Career Kick Off (CCKO)! It will be a virtual and interactive experience. All students and parents are welcome!
CCKO will provide you with a lot of helpful information about CBK Student Resources, California Community Colleges (RCC, MVC, Norco, MSJC, and COD), California State Universities (CSUSB, CSUSM), University of California (UCR, UCLA), Career and Technical Education (School Career of Education, RCC, MVC, Norco, MSJC, and COD).
You’ll learn about our dual enrollment courses in Automotive Technology, Applied Digital Media, and Computer Technology where you can earn high school and college credit, in addition to industry recognized certificates!
You don’t want to miss out on these life changing events coming up in October!
You’ll enter a raffle to win prizes for registering and attending BOTH sessions! Raffle prizes include:
- JBL Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker – You can take this speaker anywhere! The beach, the lake, the pool, the park, your jobsite. And if you drop it, it is shatter-proof. Sounds amazing!
- Alexa Dot – Who doesn’t want Alexa to play music or turn on your lights with this small gadget? It’s unbelievably easy to use and you can take it anywhere wifi is available.
- Fire HD Tablet – 32 Gigabyte storage, 12 hours battery life, and 2 Gigabyte RAM. Pretty cool if you love to connect to spotify, disney+, netflix, hulu, amazon prime, pandora, and every app that’s out there!
- Fujifilm Instant Camera – This prize is my personal favorite because you can take pictures and it instantly prints the picture for you. You get an instant memory to share with the people you care about!
You have to register for each session. To register, click on each link below:
Grab & Go School Lunches Offered at CBK Locations
Grab & Go School Lunches will be offered at the following CBK sites:
Mid & South County Area
- David Long RLC: Daily, 12pm-2pm
- Betty Gibbel RLC: Daily, 12pm-2pm
- Val Verde RLC: Daily, 12pm-2pm
- School of Career CBK: Mondays Only, 10am-11am
- Arlington RLC: Daily, 12pm-2pm
- Grindstaff CBK: Mondays Only, 10am-11am
- Rubidoux Youth Opportunity Center CBK: Wednesdays Only, 10am-11am
- Don F. Kenny RLC: Daily, 12pm-2pm
- Palm Springs Community School: Daily, 12pm-2pm
- TAY Desert Center Flow CBK: Tuesdays Only, 10am-11am
- Desert Hot Springs CBK: Thursdays Only, 10am-11am
- Milo P. CBK: Fridays Only, 10am-11am
- Mecca CBK: Pick up at Don. F. Kenny RLC
|2018 & 2017 Graduation Speakers|
CBK Graduate – Jaime Quinonez
Watch Jaime’s Success Stories video above or on YouTube
2010-2011 Bernesha A. Smith
Bernesha A. Smith is the first CBK graduate for the 2010-2011 school year. Bernesha attended the Milo P. Johnson Center for Learning in Banning for over a year to complete the requirements of the RCHS diploma. This has been a great accomplishment for this young parent who is also raising twin daughters. She attributes her success to her very supportive parents and her outstanding CBK teacher Vicky Burdick. Presently, Bernesha is attending a nursing program.
2009-2010 First CBK Graduate – Antonio Morales
Antonio attended various high schools in the Hemet/San Jacinto area. Once enrolled in Come Back Kids, Antonio expressed in his Individual Learning Plan (ILP) his interest in learning a trade. He enrolled in the RCOE CTE Construction classes at MSJRLC and completed elective credits while learning a trade. He also donated time to a house-building project called Habitat for Humanity. After graduation, Antonio began classes at Mt. San Jacinto College in Automotive Technology.
The First CBK Graduate – Andrew Powell
CBK originally opened at Betty G. Gibbel Regional Learning Center in 2008. It was there and then that Andrew Powell, a Hemet resident, committed to join CBK and begin his journey. The months and work ahead paid off. On March 30, 2009, Andrew became the first CBK graduate.
Watch Andrew’s Success Stories video above or on YouTube